Friday, June 06, 2008

Listy-Loo

I always think of things I want to blog about, but the topics typically don't have enough substance to warrant an entire post. As a result*, these brilliant topics go by the wayside. Lost to the blogging world forever. It's a shame, really. 

In the end I resort to posting lists of random thoughts and situations. Enjoy.

+*My new job requires a lot more "analysis" and "interpretation of data", which I put in quotes because it could also be called "making educated guesses", but when I do my write-ups I find myself using the phrase as a result A LOT.  As a result, I have incorporated it into every day life by default.

+My friend Brandi is preggo and due in July. She is one of those adorable pregnant women who only get big in the belly and everything else stays exactly the same. I will not be one of those women.

+On the bus I find myself counting things I see on the street to pass the time. How many people are talking on cell phones? How many people are smoking? How many people are listening to iPods? How many people are picking their noses in their cars because they think no one can see them?

+After my first session with my permanent trainer I could not straighten my arms for 5 days. Not exaggerating. It almost brought me to tears at times. I felt like I had broken both of my elbows and they had been in casts for months and I was just now free to start straightening them again. Now, I have never actually broken my elbows...so I guess that's what I imagine it would feel like.

+I couldn't remember my trainer's name so I started calling him Jafar.  Turns out his name is Javon. He shaves his eyebrows off.

+Baby shoes are ADORABLE and I can't resist them. They're useless since it's nearly impossible for babies to keep them on, but I still love them. I almost left the Rack a few weeks ago with shoes to mail to every friend I knew with a child. I was saying things like, These would be so cute on Gavin, wouldn't they? while Lindsay looked at me like I was crazy.  In the end I settled on a pair of Pumas for my (soon to arrive) nephew.
+I'm back on the edamame train. Remember when it was in my "Current Addictions" section forever? It's back, baby!

+I'm starting out slowly with changing my diet. Too much too fast will make me frustrated and I'll end up quitting. Just getting back to the gym is hard enough. So I've decided to start by bringing my lunch to work and eliminating fast food. I haven't had a french fry in over a week; which may not sound like a very long time to you. Sadly, it's an accomplishment for me.

+I love music. On Memorial Day I went to Easy Street Records and left with a couple new CDs. It makes me happy. I'm loving Duffy's Syrup & Honey and Delayed Devotion and Jason Mraz's Details in the Fabric. Check 'em out.

+I find the bus stop a little awkward. We're strangers, yet we see each other every day. For some reason we all stare down the street to that exact spot where we know we'll see the bus rounding the corner. As if staring at that spot will make it come faster or if we don't watch for it we'll somehow miss it barreling past us.

+Confession: I've started cutting through buildings on the way to my afternoon bus stop just so I can take the escalators and avoid walking up the hills. This is why I'm chubby.

+America's Funniest Videos was on at the gym tonight. WHY is that show still on? And WHY are they still showing videos from 1992?

+Last Monday Lindsay and I drove all the way to FHE only to drive past the house and go to the gym. I look at it as taking baby steps. I mean, driving to the house is a step beyond not trying to go at all. Maybe next week I'll actually go inside.

+I think this list is long enough. Don't you?

3 comments:

Αναστασία said...

+ No fries for a week would be an accomplishment for me, too. I totally understand.

+ Incidentally, Josh subs (or "guest teaches" as they call it these days) in Holly a lot, and he told me there's a girl at the middle school who tried to jump over the net on the tennis court, and she fell and actually did break both her elbows! Can you imagine?? As if middle school isn't already humiliating enough?!

Sarah said...

I totally agree about edamame, counting cell phone talkers and America's Funniest Home Videos.

I appreciate when you do your lists. THey make me laugh and every time I read your blog I smile and think to myself, "that's why we got along so well!"

Xi Eta Chapter said...

These are my favorite! Remember how we implemented duplicate into our every day vocabulary?