Sunday, August 12, 2007

A Pair Most Rare

A week and a half ago my friend, Brandi, stopped by SLC for a few days on her way to California. Brandi is my oldest friend and we are nearly complete opposites. I think that's what makes our friendship so much fun.

I don't remember how we became friends. She lived a few blocks over from my house and I remember one day one of my siblings came home from a bike ride and said, "Brandi's on her front porch". So I hopped on the pegs and we rode past her house. I don't know if that was the start of it all, but we've been friends since Mrs. Howe's second grade class and most of my childhood memories involve her.

She's visited Utah twice before - once during my freshman year at BYU and once more my senior year - so she knew what to expect.

Minutes after she arrived, we headed over to USANA for The Fray concert. It was a beautiful night and the show was great.
We had fun people-watching before the show started.
Brandi, Me, Lindsay and Erin.

Brandi said she could never live in Utah because the people are "too pretty". She has a point.

The next day I had to work, but afterward we hit downtown Salt Lake City. Because the previous times she had visited I was living in Provo, we hadn't spent much time in SLC.


The mother of a bride took this picture and it was an adventure.

The third day we wanted to get some good scenery shots. Despite the fact that I've lived in Utah for seven years and been in SLC for two of those, I had no idea where to go. We wandered around and eventually ended up driving through Emmigration Canyon. It was beautiful.
First stop was the This is the Place Monument. I'd never been there before and it was kind of cool.

A cyclist rode past and yelled "Myspace!" as we were taking this shot. We were a little baffled.
I forget what this place was called but we liked it! Brandi called it the "jackpot".


We finished off the tour with a "Utah original". The Training Table.
It was fun to have Brandi here. There was lots of laughing and story telling as usual. It's always nice to a get a good dose of "home" every now and again.

3 comments:

Annie said...

looks like you two had fun:) "home" is always enjoyable

NatAttack said...

I just realized I haven't commented on your blog in for. like. ever. You took some really great photos here. I'm glad you had such a nice time!

Anonymous said...

these are some really good pictures steph! :)

brandi is right, the people here are too pretty. when we went to my parents ward in KY, they were some...unattractive people. i mean seriously! utah IS the bubble of the USA. :)