Thursday, June 26, 2008

May I Have the Envelope Please?

I've had doubts that all of my efforts to eat healthier (I can't say healthy...just healthier) and to put my time in at the gym have been making a difference. I don't really feel any different - just more hungry and tired and sore. So I forced my trainer to do a weigh-in tonight since it's been four full weeks. And guess what he told me? 

I've lost 5 lbs!

Now, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed that it wasn't more. But I was also so excited because I had prepared for the worst. And 5 lbs is 5 lbs. It's better than nothing and certainly better than gaining. 

It's good to see a little hard work pay off.


5 comments:

Matthew said...

Way to go! Awesome work Howdsy. I really think all you need to do is continue with your workouts and just tweak your calorie intake just a bit. If you probably drop your calorie intake by a few hundred a day then you should be able to get up to a steady 2 lbs a week. Keep it up!

NatAttack said...

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Way to go!

Crappy trainer and all...

stephanielynn said...

Thanks, Coach:) I don't want to start counting calories, but I just might have to!

Anonymous said...

that's awesome. i use to think 5 was lame, but it's SOMETHING!!! so good job. you gotta keep it up. i always want to see results in two days. don't think about it that way, think hmmmm...what will i look like by the end of august? (julie's wedding) :) i always like to set date goals like that to motivate me more. :)

Kitty said...

Congratulations, Steph! Keep up the good work! I'd be happy with 5 pounds. It's hard.