Thursday, June 19, 2008

Emotions Running High

I haven't been feeling well this week. My throat has been sore and I'm congested, blah, blah, blah. I had a 9 am meeting this morning and when my boss walked in and sat next to me she said, I smell cough drops. I said, Umm...that's me. Sorry. And then everyone sitting around me immediately scooted away. Hmmm.

Needless to say, I wasn't feeling up for my training session at the gym tonight. But I went. And I actually had a fairly decent workout. While I was doing my cardio I watched Inside Edition (I think) on mute. They did a story on a high school cross country runner who broke her leg in two places just shy of the finish line. She fell to the ground, tried to get up, fell again and then CRAWLED to the finish line. I cried. Tears on my cheeks while listening to 50 Cent on the elliptical. I don't know what happened to me.

I also got teary-eyed tonight when watching (last night's) So You Think You Can Dance and the judges were raving about Katee and Joshua's performance. I was SO impressed with Joshua! He was amazing.

I think I need more sleep.

2 comments:

NatAttack said...

I kind of love unexpected, tender emotion. It reminds me my heart isn't really black.

I also, LOVED the comments after Joshua/Katie's dancing. Can't wait to see them tackle something ballroomy/latin and see if they can swing it.

Anonymous said...

hahaha! i have done the same thing. i am always thankful when no one is around when it happens. :)