Tuesday, June 03, 2008

"Why'd you drop the ball, Bryce!?"

An old D-Mark friend, Bryce, is in Seattle for a search marketing conference so Lindsay and I gave him an abbreviated tour of Seattle tonight. I hadn't see him since the days of watching 24 at his house with BJones - and since then BJones has started and finished grad school at Cornell - so it's been a while.

We ate some yummy BBQ and then made our way to Ballard for dessert at the Cupcake Royale where, at one point, Bryce ate frosting off of the table. It's THAT good. Seattle did not disappoint and was able to provide the stereotypical experience: an entire day of pouring rain and a trip to the coffee shop.
Linds and I spent most of the evening giving the Seattle sales pitch - and for an outdoorsy person like Bryce, it's a pretty compelling story. I think we almost had him sold. We reminisced about D-Mark, Lindsay made inappropriate comments, we laughed - it was a lot of fun and was great to see a familiar face in this city. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That headline almost killed me!

Xi Eta Chapter said...

I too laughed out loud at my desk.