Sunday, June 08, 2008

Not that I would know...

I'm making an effort (and sometimes just thinking about making an effort). I attended the Second Sunday Smorgasbord tonight. Sidenote: Why do they have to come up with a cheesy names for church activities - Munch & Mingle, Linger Longer, etc.? It just makes me want to go even less. Anyway, I went and it wasn't awful. 

Although, I did get stuck talking to the absolute strangest guy in the room. Why does that always happen to me? He's a gardener who has a degree in history so he's thinking about teaching but who also wants to be a librarian and will most likely starts his master's for that and decide he likes his gardening job and stick with that. Yeah, try 15 minutes of that. Lindsay abandoned me for chocolate cake and normal people so I gave her a nice elbow jab to the side. She helped save me.

After I escaped the strange one I joined the conversation at the other end of the table that somehow made its way to cup stacking.  I had no idea what it was and that it was so popular.

While we were discussing what it was (and receiving a demonstration) I asked Do they use those red party cups? [Blank stares] You know, the ones everyone drinks beer out of at parties? [More blank stares/Lindsay giggling] Not that I would know or anything...

And this is why I don't mingle.

3 comments:

Lindsay Jane said...

I knew what party cups you were talking about. You did not blog about your second blunder. :)

I am very worried if that crazy guy ever becomes a teacher or librarian. I don't think he should be around children.

Anonymous said...

that is hilarious! i can picture those cups right now. they'll get use to you and start laughing in no time. :)

my friend michelle and i were in charge of "Munch and Mingle" in new york. it's pretty much gay. :)

Scott said...

I LOVE those cups. Er, I mean. They can be good for some things. Like, um, coke and rum, or coke and Jack, or coke and cuervo, or coke and, well you get the idea.