Saturday, May 17, 2008

You Sunk My Battleship

A typical Saturday usually includes sleeping in, cleaning all "morning" (usually into the afternoon depending on when I roll out of bed), showering and then running errands (read: finding a way to spend money on things I don't really need).

Today's itinerary didn't stray too far from that.  Toward the end of the errands portion of the day, Lindsay and I stopped at Fred Meyer to complete a CraigsList transaction in the parking lot (classy) and then went inside to get a fan. Seattle has been hot the last two days, as far as we know we have no AC and live in a four story town house - by the time you get to the top it's a sauna.

As we were wandering around looking for a fan, we happened upon the game aisle and Lindsay suggested we take a "look". I should know by now that it's never just a "look". Ten minutes later we walked away from the aisle - me with Skip-Bo and Boggle in hand and Lindsay with Sorry!. Did we need these games? No. But I'm just grateful that I escaped without Trouble and Hi Ho! Cherry-O too. 

I suddenly felt the need to  purchase every game from my childhood for absolutely no reason.  I even said, "Well, I want my kids to have the games I used to play." To which Lindsay replied, "Then you have at least 10 months to come back and get them because it will take a month to meet a guy and then 9 months to have the baby."  Oddly enough, that logic worked...this time. But that doesn't change the fact that we make unnecessary purchases ALL. THE. TIME.

Who knows, it could end up being money well spent. We played Skip-Bo later in the evening and it was a lot of fun (and not just because I won 2 out of 3 games).

Oh, and we made yet another trip to Fred Meyer to pick up some box fans for our windows.  Best $19 I've ever spent. My bedroom is at least 10 degrees cooler already.

2 comments:

Matthew said...

"hmmm...how about F6 this time."

"Hit!"

"I'm on to you Howdsey...I'm going to sink your patrol boat!"

Annie said...

i want to collect all childhood games too. I a few already but forgot about hi ho cherrio!!!