Monday, May 05, 2008

Take Me Out to the Ball Game

I promise I will stop posting about how much I love my job someday, but that day is not today.

It was a beautiful day in Seattle. After work a few co-workers and I made the 15 minute walk from our building, through Pioneer Square, over to Safeco Field. I watched the Mariner's game from a suite, ate a free jumbo hot dog (and lots of other tasty food), shook a maraca (in honor of Cinco de Mayo), and could have had all the margaritas I could handle if I felt so inclined. 

This is the kind of treatment we get from the publishers we advertise with and I'm getting spoiled.

I've worked 11 days at my new job and have only purchased lunch twice; either publishers or the company have purchased lunch the other 9 times.  So far I have had offers to go to Teatro ZanZinni (some sort of dinner and show), get picked up in a limo and taken to three separate locations for drinks and dinner, grab coffee (or hot chocolate in my case), meet up for 3-4 happy hours and will be at the Mariner's/Red Sox game in a few weeks - all paid for by our publishers.  

It's crazy.  And by crazy I mean awesome.  

I like being on the receiving end of schmoozing.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah but do they have $0.25 sodas? Or stickers you can redeem for one whole day of jean wearing? Or a warehouse right behind your desk?

I didn't think so.

Jill Clark said...

I think you have the coolest job ever! I need to learn to be like you!

Sarah said...

I'm so glad you like your new job. You must be important to be getting that kind of treatment!

So what is it you actually do? What is your job? I'm guessing you don't rent strollers anymore...

Sarah said...

I'm so glad you like your new job. You must be important to be getting that kind of treatment!

So what is it you actually do? What is your job? I'm guessing you don't rent strollers anymore...

Audrey said...

And you didn't even have to start in the hallway? You are getting straight up spoiled.

stephanielynn said...

Mark: $0.35 sodas, jeans every day...nothing can compare to the warehouse!

Jill: Move to Seattle!

Sarah: I'm a media planner. I buy online ad space for my client.

Audrey: No hallway!!

ARLORJOE said...

I am so jealous. I walked around Safeco field and love the bricks. Please, please go to the game when the Mariners play the Detroit Tigers and take some pictures. Then post the pictures and I can get sick with envy. Please do that. Then I can say now that the envy I feel this minute is not that bad. Oh and the talk about the water and the sky and the great view and all that other Seattle is Nirvana stuff, that helps me feel envy too.

Unca Joe

stephanielynn said...

Joe, check back after the last weekend of May and you just might find a Mariners vs. Tigers picture!! :)

Xi Eta Chapter said...

While Mark makes some good points - I am jealous!!