Monday, May 26, 2008

That New Girl is Weird

My company was out of Diet Coke for 1.5 weeks. Every vending machine on all 5 floors. Out. And it wasn't just DC, it was ALL DIET SODA. Yes, I checked. Would you expect any less?  

It got to the point where my co-worker emailed the office manager and basically said "If you don't get the machines stocked with Diet Coke there will be a riot on the 15th floor". He replied back saying he had been working on it and to please not riot. Since he asked so nicely we postponed the riots and the Diet Coke fairy visited our office sometime between Tuesday morning and Wednesday morning.

Normally I limit myself to one in the morning or one at lunch, etc. but not for those first few days. On Wednesday I had three. I happened to leave the cans on my desk so I could recycle them later. My co-worker on the other side of my wall saw them and decided she wanted me to make a pyramid of DC cans. I'm still new and feel like I can't say no to anything, so I agreed. Plus, it might be fun to see how many I can collect. 

By day three this is was the progress I had made. All but one (maybe two) are mine.
My desk is in direct view of a high-traffic area and I had several people stop to ask me if I had some sort of obsession with Diet Coke. I tried to explain the plan but I'm pretty sure they all thought I was an idiot. Which is fine because I kind of think I'm an idiot too.

Here's a shot of my desk. It's still pretty bare, but I've grown to like it. Short walls and all.

2 comments:

Julie said...

cool desk steph! lots of natural light. I like it.

Xi Eta Chapter said...

I dont care how many cans you collect - pretty sweet desk. And its so bright and happy looking! Wow