Tuesday, May 13, 2008

This & That

+I took the bus this morning!  I don't know why, but the thought of taking the bus was so overwhelming to me that I thought it made more sense to pay roughly $200 in parking over the course of three weeks.  Today I paid $1.75 and will be paying $0 once I can get my bus pass.

+I have been trying to remember the last name of a kid from college for 6 weeks.  I mentioned it to an old roomie last night on the phone and she sent me a text this morning revealing the name.  I was so happy because it was driving me nuts.

+For some reason I had Clay Aiken's song Invisible in my head all morning.  It was torture.  Is that not the creepiest song ever written?
If I was invisible, then I could just watch you in your room.
Creeps McGee.

+I don't like Quiznos. I keep trying to eat it (mostly because it's the closest restaurant to my building) but I just don't like it.

+I saw a man on the street in a long, flowing skirt, belly shirt and what appeared to be pig tails yelling to no one in particular, "Haven't you ever seen a white man in skirt in this part of town before?" as he was crossing the street. Oddly enough my co-worker had, in fact, seen him recently on her bus.

+I had a work dinner at a "cafe and wine bar" tonight. It was on a street corner with floor to ceiling windows and we had the corner table.  I watched the city pass by for three hours. It was brilliant. 

+The publisher that took us out with was so sure I needed a drink.  I was so sure that I did not. Good times.

+My co-workers and I shared a cab home from dinner. We may or may not have sung New Kids on the Block songs while in the cab and I may or may not have burned them each a New Kids Greatest Hits CD when I got home.

+I have to get up at 6:30 am to catch the bus and get to work by 8:30.  I told a co-worker that getting up 30 minutes earlier might not be worth the $10/day that I will save.  He told me I was crazy and I had to agree with him.

+I like my job but I still get nervous every night before I go to bed.  Hopefully that goes away soon because I may develop an ulcer.

+I'm excited for AI tomorrow.  It's going to come down the David's and I'd be happy with either outcome (even though my AI heart really belongs to sweet, innocent, Little David).

+I realized last night that I've been missing new episodes of House due to some TIVO issues.  I have some catching up to do!

3 comments:

NatAttack said...

The Bus! AHhhhh. The bain of my existance.

I LOVE your list. It's been VERY informative.

I'm so happy you are friends with your co-workers, that's important.

David for the win!

HOUSE last night was AWESOME. Get on board with those!

Anonymous said...

clay aiken's naps song? hahaha! that is a creepy song. he's creepy.

love the updates. random guy on the street corner defending is gross-ness. :)

The Yellow Dart said...

I am loving this list. It's making me a little jealous that I don't live in Seattle. Especially stories about men in skirts and felons on buses. My life suddenly feels so boring.

How are things going there? Do you miss Utah yet?