Sunday, April 20, 2008

Views, Cupcakes and Pictures

This weekend Lindsay, our friend Jen and I did some exploring around the neighborhood and it turns out Magnolia is more than just the train tracks across the street from us. We discovered the water (and some very large and very fancy homes) practically in our backyard!
The people in these houses have a fantastic view.
A barge. Or something.
We also discovered a park that had an awesome view of the city.
After dinner at an adorable locally-owned Italian place (with delicious food) we made our way to Ballard to the Cupcake Royale.  It was too hard to make a decision so we went with a half dozen and decided to find the one we like the best...Red Velvet is at the top of my list right now.

On Saturday Linds and I put the finishing touches on the house. We had a lot of pictures to hang up and I was most excited to hang the print I purchased at Pike's Market my first weekend here. I framed it and think it turned out quite nicely.
All in all, a good weekend. But now my stomach is getting more and more knotted as I think about going to work tomorrow...

5 comments:

Jill Clark said...

I love the way the picture turned out! That was so fun! I'm glad you got out exploring and don't worry about tomorrow, you will do great!

stephanielynn said...

Thanks for the input on the framing, Jill! It worked out well.

Anonymous said...

the view from the park is AMAZING!! how awesome you live in seattle! glad to see the neighborhood was more then railroads. :)

stephanielynn said...

The girl teaching Sunday School was quoting someone she interviewed for a job. It had nothing to do with the lesson at all.

Anonymous said...

oh ok. i was like "how do you fit that in a lesson?" :) it's funny.