Sunday, April 13, 2008

Gone Baby Gone

Even though watching movies is one of my favorite things to do, I feel like I haven't watched one in a long time. I rented a couple this weekend - Feel the Noise (produced by Jennifer Lopez) and Gone Baby Gone (directed by Ben Affleck). 

I'm sure you know where this is going.

I can usually appreciate a movie that I know will have no substance but that I also know will have something slightly redeemable about it.  For example, Step Up (and/or Step Up 2) and the dancing.  It was not the case here.  Feel the Noise was unwatchable.  I got about 15 minutes in and had to turn it off.

Gone Baby Gone, on the other hand, was fantastic.  I really enjoyed it and would suggest Ben Affleck stick to directing.  His brother, Casey, on the other hand, should stay in front of the camera.  I may have developed a little crush on the younger Affleck. Delightful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gone baby Gone is good. Julie, Brian and I saw it in AZ.

Did you know Casey Affleck's brother in law is Joaquin Phoenix?