Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Angelina Brought Us Together

This weekend I got a pedicure.  I decided that, since my usual Saturday morning US Weekly reading routine was disrupted due to actually having plans on a Saturday morning, I would catch up on this week's issue while Lani did her thing on my feet.

This was the cover of this week's issue --->

I had already made it through "Who Wore It Best?" and "Loose Talk" and was somewhere in the middle of "Love Lives" when Lani (who is not New Girl, by the way) stopped massaging my leg and said, "Is Angelina pregnant?!".   To which I replied, "That's what they're saying."

Lani went on to tell me the following:
-She could not believe it when she found out that Brad was divorcing his wife for Angelina.
-She wasn't sure how she felt about her after that situation.
-She thinks Angelina is beautiful.
-Angelina does so much for children all over the world.
-She has a good heart.
-After she saw what a good heart Angelina has, then she felt better about her and Brad.
-She's beautiful.
-Oh, and did I mention she has a good heart?

Mind you, this woman hardly speaks English but she could give me the full history of Brad and Angelina.

I couldn't bring myself to tell her that I don't think Angelina is beautiful and that I haven't like Brad as much since he cheated on his wife, so I just smiled and nodded.

Who knew Lani and I shared a love for celebrity gossip, though?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

agree! i HATE angelina! so booty! in michael douglas' words about the whole situation:

“I don’t know about Brad Pitt,” says Douglas, “leaving that beautiful woman [Jennifer Aniston] to go hold orphans for Angelina [Jolie]. I mean how long is that going to last?”

Anonymous said...

Sheesh! Michael Douglas said that?!?@

That's just so suprficial of him! what's wrong with orphans?!?!
At least Angie is trying to do good. I can't think of anything else about Jen Aniston except that she is trying so hard to appear "cute".

I do not think that Brad cheated on Jen. I think they were falling apart way back before Mr and Mrs Smith....

Lindsay Jane said...

I always knew Lani was a keeper.