Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Don't Know What You've Got 'Til Its Gone

Lately I've been complaining about a co-worker that likes to give me two thumbs up.  I kid you not, every. single. time he comes to my desk he flashes me the double thumbs before walking away.  But this afternoon he took it to a whole new level.  

The fist pound.  "Bones", if you will.

After nearly completing a report he was working on for me, he came over to point out a potential problem neither of us had noticed up to that point.  I gave some words of praise and then there it was.  His fist outstretched toward me.  I may have recoiled slightly and tried to control the looks of simultaneous fear and disgust that I'm sure were creeping across my face.  

I wanted to shout, "Weren't 'Way to go!' and 'Nice catch!' good enough for you?!  Why do we need to pound fists? That requires touching. PLEASE, for the love, just give me the double thumbs up!!".  

But there was no way around it.  I slowly raised my own fist and we bumped knuckles.

I'm praying the double thumbs are back tomorrow.

2 comments:

Annie said...

steph, i can only imagine:)

Scott said...

Did someone pave paradise and put up a parking lot?