Saturday, September 11, 2010

thoughts and feelings about thoughts and feelings.

I can't sleep.
It's nearly 4 am and I'm so tired.

But I have a lot of thoughts that are keeping me awake.

Tonight my birthday was celebrated. Without warning. And I loved it.
[More to come on that.]

But then I came home and found a box with my name on it. Inside the box was a stack of cards with so many thoughts and feelings written on them. Thoughts and feelings from people I know and love.

Thoughts and feelings from them, about me.

And then I just felt a lot of things.
It's possible that there were a few tears shed.
And that I smiled.
And re-read them all again.

You see, it was absolutely perfect.

Let me back up. In the words of Jill, "I'm in a weird place right now". Truthfully, the past two weeks have been the most difficult I've experienced in a while. And it's been an especially hard five days. At the risk of getting too personal, I've felt very alone. It happens sometimes.

So, after two weeks of crazy, to read all of those nice things and to see the effort that was put into something on my behalf, my heart feels overwhelmed.

And all I can say is thank you to anyone and everyone that had any part in it.
Just, thanks.

No comments: