Friday, September 17, 2010

Maui: Five

Today we ate. All day.

We started out with breakfast at The Gazebo for their famous white chocolate macadamia nut pancakes. I don't typically enjoy nuts cooked in my food, but in the spirit of trying new things I went for it. And it was delicious. I was sad I could only finish one.
This afternoon, after The Professor, Patrick and Brooke finished their surfing lesson, we made our third attempt at getting acceptable shaved ice. JACKPOT. It was everything I never knew I always wanted in shaved ice. Banana, coconut & pineapple with ice cream on the bottom. We'll be back.
After a dinner of homemade pizza [Which, sadly, I have no photographic evidence of, but let's just say it was a little toasty.] we made our way to Yogurtland. We had gone there for dessert on my birthday and The Professor hasn't stopped talking about it since. Here he is with his 15oz.
And just for funsies, this was my view while I spent some quality time with my tan this afternoon. I can't be mad about that.
I had come in from the pool and was reading my book on the couch when I had the following conversation with P-Rizzle.

PB: Dude, Steph, you're SO tan.
Me: Really? You're not just saying that because that's what I want to hear?
[side note: He had previously been telling me that I was tan when I wasn't just to make me feel better.]
PB: For real. It's almost scary.

So in a nutshell, I ate a lot of good food and am getting scarily tan. Basically today is my best day.

No comments: