Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Maui: Two & Three.

Day Two was a success.
I accomplished everything on my agenda, which is the brilliance of setting small, attainable goals. I felt like a champion.

Shave Ice. Too huge. No ice cream. I'll give it a 7.

The Professor bought a coconut from the side of the road. I drank what was inside. It was not good. [You should see the photo that came after this one.]

The clouds at Big Beach were testing my patience, but we were still able to make it work. I followed The Professor's strict tanning plan and got a decent amount of sun.


And as a bonus for the day, our car got nailed by a golf ball as we drove past Wailea golf course. We pulled over, Patrick got out and said words, I got nervous and also laughed, and then I took this picture in super stealth mode. At this moment the golf man is saying, "The last thing I expected was to hit a rock!".

Day Three. My birthday.
I spent the day at the beach and made some great progress on my tan. [I'm sure it's clear by now what my priority is for this trip. TAN. I should be on Jersey shore.] I hate to admit it, but I was a little weak. After 2.5 hours I was longing for some shade. However, without the clouds we had the day before those 2.5 hours were enough to do some good work.

That evening we met up with Chelsea for dinner. Lucky for me, Tuesday was her day to work on Maui this week.


We ate food, we sang-along to some Billy Joel, we ate frozen yogurt and laughed a lot. What more can a girl ask for on her birthday?

We got back to the condo and things felt crazy. It felt like it was 2am, but it was only 9:00. [Side note: This trip is like vacationing with with elderly. We get tired around 10pm and wake up at 7am. I was the last one awake last night at 11:30pm.] I was attacked by Brooke who would not stop singing a really creepy Happy Birthday song, made a wish and blew out some candles, had a run-in with a gecko in our living room and was asleep before midnight.

When I said Brooke attacked me, I meant it. Every time I tried to move she squeezed me tighter. Girl is strong.

Brooke: "Take my picture!"
Stephanie: "Who brought this girl?"
Eli: "I'm a Ken Doll."


I'm completely in love with this photo. Patrick was singing some sweet, sweet harmonies and I'm clearly impressed with his range.


All in all, Maui is good. Real good.

No comments: