Wednesday, September 29, 2010

story of my life

This will all make sense in the end. Maybe.

Roger The Mechanic called me yesterday to tell me that they had taken a look at my car and there definitely was a problem, but it wasn't any of my sensors (including my O2 sensor). It was clear that I needed a tune-up, regardless of the issue, so he suggested starting there to see if that solved my problem. I agreed.

Today CC asked me how work was going and I replied that it was fine. I'm currently working on a campaign and, although I have reviewed all of the proposals, I can't figure out how to narrow them down and fit the pieces together into a plan that satisfies me.
Me: "I can't make a decision to save my life."
CC: "Well, that's the story of your life, right?"
(She's a straight shooter.)

This afternoon Roger called again to tell me that my car was ready. The tune-up fixed the issue. And my brakes were totally fine. He said, "You got lucky" and that luck only cost me $250.

Talking with CC tonight I shared my wonderful news from Roger The Mechanic.
Me: "You know, I avoided taking my car in for TWO months because I was afraid of what they were going to tell me. Instead of fixing the issue I was just going to drive it until I no longer could. Potentially into the ground.
...
Now THAT'S the story of my life."

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Ha. Well you did get lucky...fixing whatever was keeping Jon's check engine light on cost us over $400! And now mine is on too. Scary..