Sunday, February 01, 2009

Sisters In The City

My sister, Annie, was in town all last week. Of course things at work got crazy while she was here and not only was I unable to take a day off, but I had to work from home most nights. She was a trooper and didn't complain about having to entertain herself during the day and not being able to see much at night.

Annie flew in on Saturday morning so we made use of the daylight and nice weather to explore downtown. First up was Pike Place and on the way from the car to market we saw everything that I love about Seattle - lots of street performers, crazies with signs shouting at no one, and just crazies in general. The perfect initiation to the city.
Every time I walk through the market I look at the photos they have for sale of the city. I love the one I bought on my first weekend in town.She's having so much fun - can't you tell? Really, she's just trying to hide her excitement from seeing her boyfriend (the guy in black behind her).I love, love, love, this shot (below) that Annie took when she toured the city alone one day while I was working.
You can't spend time in Seattle without hitting up a coffee shop. We had our fair share of hot chocolate over the course of the week and I think Tully's came out on top...at least according to Annie.
We also went to my favorite cupcake shop, Cupcake Royale, for some tasty treats.
Their hot chocolate, however, was the worst I've ever had. We had to leave so we could find a trash to throw it in...and then went to the Tully's next door.
Those cupcakes made us a little goofy. Either that or it just comes naturally.
We had a chance to stop by the temple. And on Annie's last night in town Lindsay and I put on a pretty good show. You never know what you're going to get when you get me on the guitar.
It was a fun week (aside from my stress) and was great to spend time with Annie. I'm looking forward to May when I get to see more family.

3 comments:

Lindsay Jane said...

It was fun having Annie in town. Especially the part when she had dinner ready for us when we got home from work.

I think we need to work on our guitar show outfits. :)

Annie said...

It was fun to make you two dinner!!! What? I think the outfits are awesome.

Anonymous said...

how fun! so nice that you all got to spend some time together. you all are so cute.

i love the pj bottoms too!