Thursday, February 05, 2009

A Night With The Ladies

Last night we saw an Amy Ray show (one half of the Indigo Girls) at Neumos. And boy did I feel out of place. More so than usual. Not only did I not know very many of her songs, but I also like men. So those two things combined set me apart from pretty much everyone there.

The reason I went was because we figured Brandi Carlile would be there. She sang on Amy's new album and we knew she was in town because we're going to her show tomorrow night - so pretty much because we're crazy* fans.

And we were right.
She joined quite a few songs and it was delightful! It made suffering through the openers totally worth it.
At one point I couldn't see because the guy in front of me was too tall (that always happens to me!) so Lindsay suggested I move over to where she was. I saw another tall person in front of her and said, "No, then that guy will just be in my way". To which Lindsay replied, "Uh...that's a woman". Honest mistake.
During the encore Brandi came out and played The Story impromptu. Not my favorite song, but still pretty much awesome.
Amy was sweatier than I thought was possible. She just rocked it too hard, I guess.
Not a bad way to spend a Wednesday night.



*We won't talk about how we were waiting outside for a friend and saw Brandi get out of a car and enter the venue through a side door. And how Lindsay and I both froze and stared with giant smiles on our faces. I believe I said something brilliant like, "That's Brandi".

Does it make it better if we know that we're crazy?

1 comment:

Matthew said...

Knowing that you are crazy doesn't necessarily make it better. You two are a little over the top with the Brandi thing.