Saturday, February 14, 2009

Be My Valentine


Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

Just to be clear, I was joking about being depressed, but the movie last night WAS an accurate portrayal of relationships (or the lack thereof). And because I know you are all wondering what I will do on this fantastic holiday...I plan to spend the day at the gym, getting a manicure, making cookies in mass quantities, shopping and will probably top off the night with a good old fashioned romantic comedy.


As side note: I was feeling a little nostalgic this morning and decided to look back at my posts from last February. I enjoyed what I found. Last year at this time was a little rough for me. I wasn't happy with my job, or really the direction of my life in general, and I was living in an empty house with my cat waiting to become homeless at the end of the month.

However, amid some of the turmoil a lot of great things were happening. I was deciding whether or not to be brave and take a risk by moving to Seattle, which was a hard decision but a growth-promoting process. I was spending a lot of time with Jill...drinking Diet Cokes, eating at Chili's every other night and watching very girly movies. I was also spending time with two of my favorite ladies in SLC, Emily and Chelsea, and we experienced Sia and had our "minds blown" by Har Mar Superstar. I watched several seasons of Dawson's Creek which is never a bad thing. And who could forget my brilliant attempt to eat three bananas in one minute? I certainly have not.

I don't know if I appreciated those experiences fully at the time. And I don't know if I'm totally appreciating the experiences I'm having now. But you know, life is good.

The End.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are making great memories. you'll miss these times. you think right now you won't, but you will. i'm happy at that you decided to go to WA (even though we do miss you). but what a great experience to get out and find out what makes you happy.

happy valentine's day!! your plans sound AWESOME! i was hoping to do a mani/pedi but it snowed. i don't drive in the snow anymore. :)

forgot about har mar!!!! naps!!

Wendy. They call me seabass. said...

I was worried sick! j/k. You keep your chin up and keep makin mem'ries, ya hear?