Thursday, February 26, 2009

Scattered Showers

Today I turned into one of those idiots that can't stop bragging to everyone that they're about to go on an awesome vacation. (Okay, so maybe it was yesterday too.) I couldn't stop telling everyone that would listen; and even sometimes people who weren't listening.

I was heading back to my desk after a morning meeting with a couple of co-workers and as we were walking up the back stairwell it was absolutely freezing (You know, it snowed today.). So, naturally, I made a comment about how at "this time tomorrow" I would be well on my way to soaking up the sun. The conversation that followed when something like this:

Co-Worker #1: I hate you.
Co-Worker #2: Seriously.
Me: I'm sorry!
......
Me: Just kidding, I'm not really sorry.

And then I felt like Judy Grimes from SNL.



Later as everyone was packing up for the day, another co-worker told me to have a great trip as she was leaving her desk. To which the guy sitting diagonally from me responded to by standing up and saying,"I don't. I hope you have a horrible time. And that it rains the entire week. Oh, and I expect a puka shell necklace on my desk Monday morning."

So funny. But he actually got me thinking and I immediately checked the weather online. Here's a sneak peak at what things look like for Saint Thomas next week.


Eighty degrees is brilliant. Scattered showers? Not so much.

I guess I might deserve this for rubbing it in to all my co-workers. But my next course of action is to "Secret" good weather. The power of positive thinking, right?

I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: