Sunday, February 01, 2009

Carlee Does Seattle - Parts I & II

January has been an eventful month with visitors in town every weekend. I'm making an attempt to catch up.

First up on the visitor schedule were Carlee and Melissa. I miss seeing Carlee everyday at work, going to lunch together and just chatting about life in general. I continue my quest to get her to move to Seattle, but I just don't think it's going to work.
We hit up Pike Place Market and got some Starbucks hot chocolate to warm them up. I tried to warn them that just because it doesn't snow all winter in Seattle doesn't mean it's not cold, but they didn't believe me....until we got out there.
The sign says "Damn Good Strawberries" but what it should say is "Damn Good Pears". They were the most delicious pears I've ever eaten.
I don't partake of the donuts purchased at this booth, but they're a crowd favorite.
We also hit up the underground tour. It was interesting and I learned a lot of things about the history of Seattle.
The lovely ladies in Pioneer Square about to rock the tour.
We tried to hit up the Experience Music Project museum but got there a little too late. At least we were able to get this sweet picture of Lindsay and I pretending to be robots.
I have a ton of pictures of me trying to get a good shot of my reflection in the ceiling. It seemed like a good idea at the time...

Carlee also came to visit in July and I never posted about it. Enjoy the flashback.
This was a perfect day at the market. The sun was shining, the temperature was perfect and the people watching was superb.
This guy served up the donuts. That hair is brilliant.
We did some shopping and ate some good food. But the experience that topped off the trip was seeing this lady at the Space Needle. Carlee and I could not. stop. watching. You don't even need the sound to enjoy this one.


1 comment:

Lindsey said...

wow...I hope that lady tries out for So You Think You Can Dance so the whole nation can appreciate her "skills". Thanks for sharing :)