Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Two For One

I don't know if I've made it known, but I like live music. A lot. And I've especially loved my last few concerts. I'm still thinking about how awesome Missy Higgins was a week and a half later.

Earlier this week we saw Ray LaMontagne. Amazing. He barely said a word between songs, which I kind of hate, but he more than made up for it during the rest of the performance. We were too far away to get any good pictures, but I had my trusty binoculars with me and got a pretty good view.
The next night we saw Ingrid Michaelson, twice. I caught a bus from work and met Lindsay at Easy Street for the free "show". She sang a few songs and I felt uncomfortable because I was surrounded by twelve year olds.
One hour, a change of clothes and two Taco Bell soft tacos later we were at Neumos for the the real show. The first opener was David Ford. I thought it was all right, but it felt like he was trying too hard to be angry and broken.

Next was Newton Faulkner and I loved him. He was hilarious and he did some crazy stuff with the guitar. Stuff I will never be able to do.
I've seen Ingrid a few times in concert and this was the best of all the shows. She's really funny and just puts on a good show in general. I recommend it.
Allie Moss plays with and sings back-up for Ingrid, and Lindsay and I want to be her. I just have to work on my guitar skills. Oh, and learn how to sing too.
We hung around afterward and had the pleasure of the ever-awkward meeting. I think I'm getting better at it. Practice makes perfect, right?Saturday night is show #3 of the week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love y'alls little pics of each other at these concerts. they are so cute. :)

stephanielynn said...

we have a ton of them and they all look exactly the same. tradition, i guess.