Thursday, November 06, 2008

Bad News Bears

I actually had a fairly good day today, all things considered. But I'm sad to report that the stress and busyness of the last month have taken their toll and I received some bad news at the gym tonight.

I gained 5 lbs. (Two pounds of muscle and three pounds of fat)

Now, let me just say that I don't know how trustworthy the scale is since my trainer has to weigh himself first to see how off the numbers are, then weigh me, then subtract from the total the amount the scale was off as was determined by his weigh-in. But I will also say that I've let stress get to me and have not been eating as well as I should and haven't had time to get enough good, worthwhile workouts in. So, a gain of some form was pretty much expected and I only have myself to blame.

I've recommitted myself and rocked 3 miles on the treadmill tonight. And starting next week I'm adding a third training session per week with a new trainer. I'm determined to meet my goal...even if it's taking forever.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey Steph- I know a ways you can lose weight real easy! Get pregnant, and vomit several times a day every day for a month, and also it's good if you are too grossed out by food to eat in between. I dropped 10 lbs! No lie!

Or you could always go to Mexico, get appendicitis, and post-surgery, make sure that the wound gets a little bit iffy and starts literally melting the fat in your abdomen. This works well, because once the fat melts, it tends to seep right out of the wound. A little gory, I know, but if you're looking to cut fat...frankly it's quite effective.

Those are my recommendations, and they are tried and true. Or you could just keep working out and eating right. It's up to you, really. Whatever you choose, good luck. ;)

stephanielynn said...

Both good recommendations, Sar. I'll take them into consideration:)

UPDATE: I just weighed myself at home and that scale says I only gained 2.5 lbs. I'm choosing to believe that one.

Anonymous said...

yah, the scale may be off. good thing you're keeping it up. i taught a lesson today about the "Word of Wisdom." we played a game, and on the little card it said "I continue to exercise, even if I don't see fast results."

so there ya go. :) you're staying active and healthy on most days. :)