Monday, November 17, 2008

Things.

  • Work has slowed down and I can't even tell you what I difference it makes. Coming in at 8:30 and leaving at 5:30 must be what heaven is like.
  • Tonight I saw a woman pay for her bus fare in pennies. No joke.
  • Thanks to trainer Bob (Biggest Loser) I'm addicted to Banana Fudge pudding. 60 calories!
  • Turns out my new trainer knows how to do his job. I'm still sore two days later.
  • My roomie is the new RSP. I guess that means I have to start participating. Or at least just showing up to things.
  • I can't get enough of Friday Night Lights. Seriously. I have two words for you...Tim. Riggins.
  • I'm addicted to Christmas music. Can't stop. Today included the Hotel Cafe Winter Songs, Michael Buble and Josh Groban. Tomorrow it's the classics.
  • Lindsay might make me go see Twilight this weekend. I might not put up a fight.
  • I have to speak in church on Sunday about having an Attitude of Gratitude. Any thoughts I should be sure to include?
  • I told Lindsay that I have organized my photos by month, by event in iPhoto and her response was, "Of course you have". I'm not sure how I feel about that comment.
  • I love the Fall.
  • Tonight as I was walking to the bus, in the cold, crisp air, with Christmas music playing on my iPod I caught the Christmas spirit.
  • Last night at the ward dinner I held the cutest baby. I was trying to compensate for not being able to hold my nephew.
  • Today for lunch and I had teriyaki with meat that was a little sketchy. Sketchy meat is no good.
  • I've been off Perez for three weeks. I feel out of the loop.
  • I LOVE the Jon & Kate Plus Eight commercial - the one with the song Beautiful Life and Kate is in the yellow coat. Love it to the point where I'll rewind it and watch it again. Is something wrong with me?
  • Less than two weeks until I see Brandi Carlile with the Seattle Symphony!
  • I only want expensive things for Christmas. I'm going to have to come up with some more realistic gift ideas.
  • Could Landry from FNL be any funnier? I don't think so.
  • Life is good in general. I can't really complain. So unlike me, I know.

5 comments:

Mark said...

I just started watching season 2 on Hulu tonight. Tomorrow when I'm completely exhausted at work because I stayed up until 3am watching FNL I am totally blaming you.

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh, Steph, I LOVE that Jon & Kate commercial too! I would probably rewind it if I had TiVo...but I DO find myself singing the song at random times, and Jon (my Jon) is like, "What are you singing?"

Kitty said...

Jules has to speak on gratitude this weekend too. You two should "compare notes". :)Love that you are loving life again.

Αναστασία said...

I really need to watch Friday Night Lights. I've heard so many good things about it.

Also I had a thought for your talk on gratitude -- one of the most important lessons anyone ever taught me was, that when I compare myself to other people, I'm showing a lack of gratitude for who and what I am, and for what I have. Instead of looking at others and wanting to be like them, have what they have (wealth, talents, possessions, romance, whatever), etc., we should trust that God's blessings to us are the right ones for where we are in our lives, and they are given for a higher purpose, so we should stop comparing and remember to be grateful. I don't know if that helps, but I just felt like sharing :)

Anonymous said...

i love the jon & kate commercial too...but not the song so much. i hate how the girl sings day.

i have been listening to christmas music too on my ipod on my walks home. i just love it!!!

good to know you are out of work by 5:30, that's insane to work past then. and i mean, until midnight or later. that is crazy!