Monday, January 07, 2008

Weekend in Review

Friday: There was a going away party for Lindsay at our house.  I'm not usually the biggest fan of parties, but this was actually a lot of fun.  The complete set of pics are on Facebook, but here are few highlights...
I printed a jumbo picture of Lindsay.  I'm thinking of hanging it up near her old cubicle at work.

Stephanie, Jumbo Lindsay and I.
Lindsay, Emily, Chelsea and I.  I'm sad we won't be able hang out anymore!

Jill, me and Erin.  Two of my very few friends in the ward.
Lindsay, Stephanie and Danny.  Steph and Danny threw the party.

Saturday: Lindsay and I got up bright and early (read: 8 am) to hit the road.  We opened the garage to find a couple inches of snow and it was still coming down.  Fun!
Once we got an hour or two out of Salt Lake the weather cleared up and the rest of the trip was great.  We made it to Issaquah (where Lindsay's brother, Jared, lives) in 13 hours and that included the bad weather and stopping twice to eat.

There is some very beautiful scenery on the way up.  

Mountains+Snow+Green = The best of Michigan and Utah combined.


And this is the view from Jared's balcony in Issaquah.


Sunday: Lindsay and I, along with our friend, Jen, who moved out here in September, checked out a singles ward in Bellevue.  It was actually better than I expected.  The girls weren't dressed like they were going to prom which is the thing I hate the most about my ward now.  So that was a good start.  We spent the rest of the day relaxing and Lindsay's brother, Ben, and his girlfriend stopped by.

Monday: Today has been a day of relaxing.  Lindsay had to work so I've just been wasting time.  I'm really good at it.  Since Lindsay will have to work tomorrow too there is no sense in me staying another day so I changed my ticket and will be heading back to SLC tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

these are good pics steph. i saw the other's on face book! so funny! :) glad y'all had a great time.

JoshB. said...

Hi Steph! Sad that the dynamic duo will no longer dominate the D-Mark! Hope all is well with you--PS I got Tivo for Christmas, it's fun! Be good Steph--Holler if you ever need anything. Love--JB