Sunday, January 13, 2008

Proud Owner

According to my previous post, I should be spending the weekend internet-free and, therefore, should not be blogging on a Sunday night.  It's true.  But as it turns out, I bought a computer this weekend!
I know what you're thinking and the answer is No.  No, I did not go out and buy a computer just because I wouldn't have the internet for a weekend. (Although, I will admit it may have pushed me over the decision-making edge.) I bought a computer because I'm 25 years old and have never had one of my own, have been thinking about buying one for years, Lindsay left the state with all my photos and music on hers, and I can't move forward with The 2008 Adventure without one.

I did my research - which included asking co-workers, Lindsay, Jill, Julie and Annie what they thought.  Everyone (minus one responsible co-worker) gave me the green light.  I was hesitant to let my parents in on the news, but my Mom called tonight and was anything but disappointed in my financial irresponsibility.  Just the way I like it.

So, here's to hoping buyer's remorse doesn't kick in anytime soon.  I don't think it will.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats!!

Kenn N said...

We love ours. It's great machine. Amy got hers in September and we haven't looked back.

Annie said...

i think you will always be happy:)

Anonymous said...

Yay! Steph's partying with the Mac! Now you have a Max and a Mac in the house. It's kind of like the Apple commercial except Max isn't a PC.

Jill Clark said...

I am so happy you went for it! You are going to love it I'm sure!

Lindsay Jane said...

Congrats....very exciting.

You could always do a little "Mac Book Fundraising." Sell baked goods at work, rent Max out to lonely girls, have a car wash, sell my stuff that I left in the house, be a singing gram for V-day, sell your other ticket to the DataProm to Ryan Peterson, just a few suggestions.

Danny K. said...

I just wanted to comment to say, "6comments! Way to go!" As a fellow blogger, when I saw that I was more excited than I was for your new computer.

Danny K. said...

I just realized my previous comment made seven! Way to . . .shoot now it's 8! Holy crap, keep up the good work!

stephanielynn said...

Ahhh...I love the variety of comments this post has solicited. I have funny people in my life!

8 comments is pretty impressive. It may be the most comments I've received on a post to date.

Thanks everyone for sharing in my excitement!

NatAttack said...

9! Woot.