Friday, February 26, 2010

That Was Not a Waste of Time

  • I got on a ship.
  • I went to Belize.
  • I went to Mexico.
  • I heard A LOT of music. A lot.
  • I drank an undisclosed amount of Diet Pepsi*.
  • I ate a few** soft serve ice cream cones.
  • I slept on a top bunk.
  • I laughed with friends. The ones I came with and the ones I reunited with on the boat.
  • I let go of some things weighing on my mind (and heart) into the ocean. I just had a little moment with nature.
  • I didn't text, email, Twitter, Facebook, blog, or make a phone call. I felt free.
  • I danced.  
  • I saw Brandi Carlile. And Gregory Alan Isakov. Singing together. My heart rejoiced.
  • I sunburned my eyelids. And my face, chest and shoulders. As it turns out you can sweat off sunscreen.
  • I realized I like country music. But not, COUNTRY country music. We'll call it "hipster country" to make ourselves feel better.
  • I read only four pages of my book. 
  • I ate food at Midnight, every night.
  • I sang.
  • I developed a cankle. Just one. (The left one.) 
  • And I loved every minute of it.

Like last year, I'm overwhelmed at the thought of recapping this vacation.
Unlike last year, I will actually recap properly at some point. Soon. But it's late and I'm tired and I have to wake up early for Disney World tomorrow.

So, I will leave you with a picture (or two) to sum it all up. It was a toss up between these two.
 Em, me, Linds, KJ in Belize.

Diet Coke Light + "The Point" in Costa Maya, Mexico. 
(Or what we lovingly refer to as "Mexi-faux".)

*There was no Diet Coke on board.
**Quite possibly three per day. Don't judge.

1 comment:

Kitty said...

Sounds wonderful!! :)