Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Hoarder

We've been packing up the house for the big move. And when I say "we" I mean "Lindsay" because I have yet to get started. I got an IM from Lindsay this afternoon, apparently she had just gone through some boxes in the laundry room.

L: Dude, you win the bag award.
S: What does that even mean? Oh...are you cleaning out that room??
L: I'm packing the laundry room and there are 3 plastic bins full of bags.

Oopsy daisy.

When I got home she made me go through the plastic bins and pick which bags I wanted to get rid of. I have no idea how I accumulated SO MANY bags: computer bags, purses, duffle bags, etc. And every time I went to throw one away I would say something like, "Oh, but this was the messenger bag I used in college. I took it to school every day!" And Lindsay replied with, "Yeah, yeah. They all have a story. Just get rid of them." I hope someone at Goodwill enjoys the adorable straw bag I bought in Hawaii...

There was one bag we found that was full of clothes. Old t-shirts to be exact. Like perhaps my red SUPERFAN shirt from high school with the cartoonish picture of the broncho (yes, with an "h") with steam coming out of its nose.

I was, in fact, a super fan.

And then we discovered this beauty. The jumbo powder puff jersery. My favorite number is two.
Talk about a forgotten gem! There were even matching sweats that said "Class of 2000" down the leg. GEMS!

Believe me, Lindsay tried to shame me into getting rid of the jersey/sweats combo, but I was not having it.

Ok, fine. I'm a hoarder.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Good times! I think my jersey (#23) is still hanging around my parents house. I regret to say that I lost the matching sweats at leadership conference freshman year. And I still miss them. Holding on was a good move. :)

Jase, Tate & Gav said...

You can't get rid of that. I still have mine that says Tater Tot! Classics!

Julie said...

I still have my powder puff jersey! we never had matching sweats in 1991 though.