Wednesday, February 10, 2010

It Finally Happened

I've wanted an iPhone for nearly two years. When my contract was up a year ago I managed to talk myself out of getting one with logical reasons like not being able justify doubling my monthly bill, not having mobile to mobile with my family, crappy AT&T service, etc.  and in the end I just renewed the plan I had. I've pretty much been regretting it ever since.

Over the course of the last year I've asked nearly everyone I know, multiple times each, whether or not I should just make the switch. Somehow I've surrounded myself with practical people and everyone always told me not to.  

And I do what I'm told.

But deep down I was just waiting for that one person to tell me to do it. When I found that person, and she found at least three other people to support her position, it was pretty much inevitable.

I brought this guy home two days later. Again, I do what I'm told.

I'm not going to lie, I thought I was going to fall in love immediately. But after a few days it hadn't happpened. And after a week, I was still lukewarm.

Then this morning my mind was blown.

You see, Brandi Carlile (I may have mentioned her once or twice...or 15 bajillion times ) released a new EP today and, although I knew it was being released close to Valentine's Day, I somehow had NO IDEA that day would be today. When I got an email from a friend at 9:00 am informing me of the fact that she was downloading it right at that moment, my head nearly exploded with the thought of waiting until I got home from work to listen to it. I had to find a way.

And then it came to me. I could download it directly to my phone....right? I mean, I was sure that magic phones could certainly download music.

They can. I did. And my phone looked like this all day today.

I'm on board.

2 comments:

The StaceNeedle said...

I'm trying to decide if you just labeled me Impractical. I'll take it!

Glad you finally like it. You were SO scared in that apple store and you still braved it out! Woot woot!

stephanielynn said...

I was kind of hoping you might not notice that.

But think of all the long texts it has brought into my life...all because of your impracticality!

And scared? Please. How could I be scared with Jeffrey by my side?