Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Comfort Level

Lately I've been letting my real self cross over into my work self. Some might think that's a good thing. To just be yourself, no matter what. But if you're me (read: a little on the wack-tastic side of things) you might want to tone it down for the workplace and maintain some level of professionalism.

A few examples of the blurred lines between Real Me and Work Me:

#1: Walking into a meeting and announcing my presence with a big, "Heeeeyyyy". You know the voice.
#2: Sitting in a working session with most of my team and, while everyone is working in silence, blurting out, "Hey guys, guess what...."
#3: In a team meeting as we're about to take a vote on whether or not to have a happy hour this week, I put my head down on the table and yell, "I'm ready!".
#4: Using the phrase "blowing my mind". Especially in reference to some campaign results.

Guaranteed my team thinks I'm strange. But deep down, I think they enjoy it.

At least that's what I'll keep telling myself.

3 comments:

Annie said...

i can imagine all 4!!!! Totally awesome!

The StaceNeedle said...

Heeeeeeey!!!

Yo said...

i totally heard the "heeeeyyy." in my head... awww made me miss you MORE than ever!