Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Great Lakes State

+If you're flying from Detroit to Seattle you should never hear someone say over the loudspeaker, "And to the right you can see the Grand Canyon". That's a good indicator that you've taken the least efficient route home.

+Worst Airport Ever Award goes to....LAX! I got off the plane and had NO IDEA where to go, even after consulting a map. Twice. And there were no airport employees in sight. I finally had to hunt down a police officer for help. Turns out you have to go outside, hop on a shuttle and go through security again just to change terminals.

+I took over 300 photos on my trip, most of which were of my nephew. He was a little unsure of me at first, but I think I won him over in the end.

+My sister let me borrow all seasons of Two Guys and a Girl. Old school Ryan Reynolds? Still good.
+While roasting hot dogs over the fire (in the driveway...that's just how classy we are) we had a conversation about what condiments were best on hot dogs.
Me: Ketchup-only is the way to go.
Dad: Yeah, if you're in first grade.
...
Mom: You can bet that's going on the blog!

+We celebrated my grandpa's 85th birthday. It was fun to see so many people come out to celebrate with him. He's just such a lovable guy!
+All in all, it was a great vacation.

3 comments:

Αναστασία said...

Jacob is SOOO ADORABLE.
I was hoping to maybe read a slight recap of the conversation we all had about "squatting" while camping, HAHA!
It was so great to see you, Stephanie.
I'm so blessed to be connected to your family.

Anonymous said...

who had two guys and a girl!!?? julie!!! where did you find it? i have looked for those for the longest time! LOVE THAT SHOW!

stephanielynn said...

Stacey, I forgot about that conversation! That one should have made the post.

Amanda, just ordered them from China or something. They were recorded from re-runs on the WE channel:)