Friday, August 28, 2009

Get's Me Every Time

Last Friday at work we played Win, Lose or Draw for our monthly happy hour. Not to brag or anything, but my group was in charge of this particular HH and it can only be classified as a success. The prize for Best Artist was the jumbo pen you see in the picture below.


I LOVE this pen. I didn't win it, but every time I see it I laugh. For a long time.

So imagine this...

You're in a conference room full of team members reviewing a report over the phone with your client. As you reach your portion of the presentation you begin to speak and out of the corner of your eye you see a co-worker pull out the jumbo pen and begin to take notes with it.

Like it's totally normal.

Everyone else in the room starts to laugh silently and you're left to somehow find a way to 1) avoid laughing and 2) not lose your train of thought and sound like an idiot in front of your client.

It all worked out in the end, but considering the fact that my sister and I can't even get through a dinner prayer without one of us starting to laugh, this was quite an accomplishment.

4 comments:

Annie said...

um...that pen is ginormous!!I would have to laugh too :)

Kitty said...

Maintaining control would be difficult :)

Kourtni said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't make it through a dinner prayer without laughing. I wonder when (or if) we'll grow out of that...

Anonymous said...

i haven't checked your blog in forever!! missed it! LOVE the pen! lol! reminds me of something i would win after selling a bunch of candy bars for school.