Thursday, August 13, 2009

It's Good to Have Goals

This afternoon I was informed by my cube neighbor that Kate Hudson and A-Rod were shopping at a store downtown. My immediate response? LET'S GO. Her response? Looking at me like I was a moron.
For some reason I then felt the need to explain (as if it would make things better) that it was one of my goals in life to see a celebrity being photographed by the paparazzi. I've been to Sundance and people like me chasing Emily Blunt down the sidewalk (true story) do not count. Just to be clear, I'm not talking in a dangerous, stalking while driving recklessly way, but in a normal way.

You know, normal stalking. No? Fine.

Needless to say, I'm pretty sure I racked up a couple more Crazy Points in the eyes of my co-worker today. Meh.

I decided to take this inside scoop to someone who I knew would appreciate it. Lindsay. So I sent her an IM relaying the info. Her immediate response? Why aren't you down there? You could fulfill your dream of seeing the paparazzi!

And that, Internet, is why we are besties.

******************

In other roommate related news, Lindsay is trying to convince me to move to BFE. I mean, it's OUT. THERE.

I thought I had made a good case when I reminded her that I take the bus to work and was positive that there would be no convenient routes. But then she called me (from upstairs) to tell me the exact route number, where it would drop me off and how long it would take, which incidentally is less time than my current commute. Bust.

2 comments:

Yo said...

BFE. hahaha, I haven't heard that phrase in such a long time!

Lindsay Jane said...

1. I'm sad your dreams did not come true yesterday

2. :)