Thursday, July 16, 2009

On the bus today...

...the crazy lady dressed in black was back. And in rare form. If I was wondering whether or not crazy people had stopped riding the bus, I got my answer this evening.

I was on the phone with Scott when I picked my seat in the back and sat down. I glanced around and noticed her sitting two rows in front of me - garbage bag already in place on the seat. I tried to continue my conversation, but after she started yelling sporadically I couldn't concentrate on both things at once. Plus, once I realized what she was saying I decided I didn't want to do anything that might draw attention to myself (like talking on the phone, for example).

This time it wasn't a conversation. She just kept repeating the same things over and over. Sometimes in their entirety and sometimes random combinations of the following...

  • "I don't hear voices like YOU do." (This was repeated most often.)
  • "Positive. Affirmed."
  • "I kill them myself and don't hear from them anymore!"
  • "Reconfirm that I am 'The One' for all communication efforts."
  • "You disobey 'The One'?"
  • "I give you a command!"
And of course the random bursts of just "KILL!!"

I'm not going to lie, today I was a little more on the frightened side than the amused side.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

yikes! I would hop right off that bus! Glad you made it out alive! :)

Maria said...

Haha. My comment was going to be "yikes!", but it turns out that my sister already took that one.