Sunday, July 19, 2009

Conversation(s) of the Day

I realize that my blog has been reduced to conversations of the day that no one thinks are funny besides me, but I associate with really funny people and just can't help posting them.

Today was an exceptional day of conversing.

#1: With a (girl) friend at church.
L: You look good today! And can I just say...you have GREAT boobs.
[She bends down to get a drink like it's no big deal while I stare dumbfounded.]
Me: Oh! Okay...thanks!
L: I've wanted to tell you before, but we weren't good enough friends...and then I thought I'd just say it because it's not creepy.
Me: Not creepy at all. And that is the best thing anyone has said to me in a long time.

#2: At Sunday dinner.
Me: He is only friends with girls.
Jared: Ooooh...is he gay?
Me: Not that I know of.
Jared: Yeah...you're going to want to ask that question up front.

#3: Again, at Sunday dinner after Jared cringed when I called someone a douchebag.
Me: Would it make you feel better if I said "d-bag" instead?
Farah: Or "DB". That's what I say at work.
Me: Oh, is that the more professional usage of the word?
Farah: Yes, I use "DB" in professional settings.

5 comments:

Annie said...

I always think your conversations are hilarious...i find myself laughing out loud most times.

Matthew said...

Steph... you really do have GREAT boobs

Em said...

The best part of these, is I read them in my head the way I think you'd say them out-loud.

Boob compliments are always odd...just own it, yo.

stephanielynn said...

Cambo, I knew you'd show up on this one.

Em, as you should! I hope everyone reads them that way.

And a compliment is a compliment. I'll take them where I can get them.

Annie said...

BTW, i think it would be a good idea if you posted a picture of your lovely lady lumps to go along with the story!