Friday, July 10, 2009

Technology

I love technology this week. It's enabled me to have several delightful conversations with some very funny people I know. A few examples...

Via Instant Messenger (Note: This was mid-afternoon on a weekday.)
D: hey
Me: hey there
D: you're not at a concert right now are you?
Me: not at the moment.
D: okay good. when you went to Hawaii what island did you stay on?

Via Phone at Work
C: blah, blah, work talk, blah, blah
Me: Okay (spoken while holding my water bottle near my mouth resulting in an echo)
C: Wait, are you in the bathroom right now?
Me: Yeah, I'm in the bathroom and I've got you on my cell. You called my DESK phone.

Via Email (Portions of the email chain that went back and forth most of the day.)
Me: I'm not gonna lie - NKOTB kind of rocked my socks. It was a lot of fun.
Em: Steph, you just said "rocked my socks" about a middle-age boy band. I know you liked it, but let's be careful...ok?
Me: I can't help it - I think I may have actually become a pre-teen girl for those two hours. You'd be embarrassed at how much fun we had.
Em: The saddest thing about me and NKOTB, is that Jonathan was always my favorite...leave it to me to pick the gay one.
Me: I loved Jon too! Although I had a back-up in Joey. They were calling him "Joey Mac" and Donnie "DDub" last night...Ok, now I'm starting to feel ridiculous.
Em: I'm judging you.

Via Text Message
P: I think the New Kids gave me swine flu...

No comments: