Monday, July 27, 2009

And There You Have It

-I tried to get up at 5:30 this morning. And by "tried" I mean, I set my alarm for 5:30 knowing that there was no way it would actually happen. In the end I was at my desk by 7:30 am, so I still feel like I did my part.
-I was completely exhausted today. It was a struggle to the point where I could barely keep my eyes open and it was only 9am. I knew that due to my Diet Coke tolerance I was going to have to pull out the big guns and eventually broke down and bought a Monster energy drink. It took an hour to kick in but it did it's job.
-Around Noon I was so tired yet extremely caffeinated that I started laughing uncontrollably at a co-worker's comment that wasn't even meant to be funny. I felt a little like Jessie Spano when she's hopped up on the caffeine pills and gets a little crazy. "I'm so excited! I'm so excited! I'm so...scared."
-
It's humid. And the worst part is, if I think this is bad then I'm in for a treat when I get to Michigan this weekend.
-Ever since July 4th I've been addicted to s'mores. I can't stop eating them and I've perfected the art of cooking them in the microwave.
-I saw The Ugly Truth. Don't bother.
-I went kayaking on Saturday morning. Me. In a kayak. In the middle of Lake Union. Can you even believe it? What's even more shocking is that I didn't freak out at all. (Maybe minus in the beginning when Pamela was steering us toward other boats.)
-I also went putt-putting on Saturday and dominated. My victim shall remain nameless (so as not to embarrass) but he didn't know what he was getting himself into. All that putting on summer vacations up north must have paid off. And I didn't even say "a slight dog-leg to the left" or "Six. Yeah, sixty-six" once.
-I saw Brandi Carlile in concert this weekend without even meaning to. Brilliant. (Okay, okay. I kind of thought she might be there.)
-I might need to stop reading books. I just get so into whatever I'm reading that I can't put it down and before I know it it's 1am. I always regret it the next day.
-I've turned off all of my email notifications at work. Nearly every time it would pop up I couldn't resist stopping whatever I was doing to read it. Not very efficient. But now I just forget to check my inbox (sometimes for several hours at a time). Also not very efficient.
-I went to Bite of Seattle a couple weekends ago and ate berries on a stick dipped in chocolate. It was as delicious as it sounds.
Who knew it would make me so happy? And squinty?
-In 48 hours I'll be jumping on a red-eye to Michigan to celebrate my grandpa's 85th birthday. Maybe this time I'll return the favor and help him blow out candles on his cake.

No comments: