Tuesday, April 21, 2009

On the bus today...

...I saw the craziest person I've seen to date.

Picture this...a woman in her 40's with her brown hair pulled back in a bun, wearing black from head to toe except for her white gym socks, which she's wearing with flip flops, black gloves on a 70 degree day and sunglasses. Got that image? She's a gem.

I walked on the bus behind her and I took a seat across the aisle. I watched out of the corner of my eye as she pulled out a garbage bag and placed it over the seat (after a few minutes of struggle) laughing a giggling along the way.

Then she began talking to herself. And not in a whisper.

At first I thought maybe she had an earpiece in and was talking to someone on the phone when her "conversation" went something like this:

Not Planet Soul again! I don't want to listen to Planet Soul. We always listen to Planet Soul.
Planet. Planet. Planet Soul.
Planet. Planet. Planet Soul.

But I quickly realized that she was not on the phone and also realized that I needed to write this down. Yes, I took notes.

Some of the other chatter went like this:

Balloons. Candy dish. Party. Balloons. It's like ambrosia! An ambrosial mix.

I want to go to Hong Kong. What's it like there? What's it like in Hong Kong? I want to go to Shanghai. Shanghai.

It has a sidecar on it! And it's made of tin foil! [Laughter.] A tin scooter.

It's been a while since I've had a good bus adventure. I guess when the sun comes out the crazies do as well.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

haha. you should talk to Joseph about some of the crazies he saw in Seattle on his mission!