Sunday, March 29, 2009

Put Up Your Hands and Surrender to Me

Tonight Lindsay, Jen and I made it out to the Tractor Tavern to see Gavin DeGraw. I had seen him back in October but it was like a completely different person was on stage tonight - skinnier, less hair, sans hat, plus scarf, a southern accent that I don't recall and slightly Debbie Downer-ish. It was just a completely different experience.

He toned down all of the songs to more stripped down versions and spent a lot more time at the piano. His voice also had more soul than I remember, which I like, and at times reminded me of my boy, Marc Broussard. All in all I would say it was decent.
And I don't know what it was, but there were so many strange couples out tonight. A lot of slow dancing and making out going on. I felt like I was at a high school dance.

No comments: