Friday, March 27, 2009

Ten Out of Tenn

I have yet to blog about the cruise. I told you - it's overwhelming. And I procrastinate. It will be done, it's just a matter of when. Does anyone even care anymore?

Regardless, I discovered a new artist on the cruise. Katie Herzig. [She's the one in white below. And yes, that's Brandi on the right!]. I can't really explain what I like about her. There's just something about her songs that draws me in.
We chatted with her after that show and she informed us that she'd be hitting up Seattle at the end of March with the Ten Out of Tenn tour. Ten artists out of Tennessee. I know what you're thinking - COUNTRY MUSIC. I kind of worried about that too, but after checking out the tour's MySpace page and confirming that they weren't country artists I was on board for the show.

The show was at The Triple Door - a venue I had yet to experience in Seattle. It ended up being really cool. They seat you at booths or tables and you order dinner and enjoy the show.
Even though I only knew Katie, I still thoroughly enjoyed the show. They each played two songs and were all singing and playing on each other's songs. It's fun to get introduced to new artists, especially through a live performance.


The ten we saw were:
Andy Davis
Butterfly Boucher
Courtney Jaye
Griffin House
Jeremy Lister
K.S. Rhoads
Katie Herzig
Matthew Perryman Jones
Trent Dabbs
Tyler James
*I bolded my favorites.

Oh, and below is a picture of K.S. Rhoads. Yes, please! There may have been some slightly awkward freestyling from him, but he rocked everything else - the keyboard, guitar, harmonica, his fedora, etc.
Photo by Heidi Ross

I walked away from the show with ten CD's in hand (They had a bundle deal going on: $5 each if I got all ten! It could not be passed up.) and feeling satisfied after another evening of good music.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

You have way too much fun!

Lindsay Jane said...

1,2, what ya gonna do......

What, no love for my BF Jeremy?

Annie said...

i got to go on wed.