Thursday, March 19, 2009

According to Plan

I had a session at the gym on Saturday with the good trainer. I used to see him once a week but since he stopped working on Saturday's I haven't gotten my butt kicked in a while. It just happened to work out that he was available last Saturday...and I soon regretted my decision.

I went in tonight to see my regular trainer and he immediately said:

Trainer: Joey worked you pretty hard on Saturday, huh?
Me: Oh my gosh, yes! How did you know?
T: He told me. He said he kicked your ass.
Me: Uhh, yeah....I was sore for DAYS.

Strangely, this conversation made me feel good. Normally when I leave the gym wanting to cry I imagine that my trainer watched me struggle for 30 minutes while thinking about what a weakling I am. But to know that he acknowledged that it actually was hard made me feel better about myself.

I guess not being able to move my arms was part of his plan.

No comments: