Tuesday, March 24, 2009

No Tomato, No Onion

I'm addicted to Quiznos. (Have I mentioned this? I can't remember.) I hated Quiznos until a couple months ago when I discovered the honey bourbon chicken sandwich and I've pretty much been eating it ever since. Almost daily. I guess I should also mention that it is directly across the street from my office and I'm pretty lazy, so that's another reason.

On my way to pick up lunch today, as I stood at the corner waiting for the light to change, one of the Quiznos employees ended up standing next to me. He makes my sandwich every day. I glanced at him out of the corner of my eye and saw him glancing at me. I thought about pretending I didn't notice him (because that's what I do) but decided to go for the awkward conversation instead.

Me: Hey.
Quiznos Guy: Hey.
Me: I'm heading over to see you guys. [awkward laughter]
QG: Honey bourbon chicken, no tomato, no onion, right?
Me: You got it.

Totally embarrassing. Maybe tomorrow I'll go in and just ask for "the usual".

7 comments:

Yo said...

when reading this story i heard your "awkward laugh" in my head- haha. i love it.

Annie said...

I wish my subway workers were as good as your quiznos. It has been like 9 months, and they still don't know "my usual."

Jill Clark said...

This reminds me of a story you told me from the Sandwich Loft when you got your "usual" and then thought they knew your name and almost walked away with the wrong Stephanie's sandwich. I love it!

Sarah said...

I love this!

Αναστασία said...

Haha!
That happened to me at Subway once, I walked in and some dude recited my "usual" to me, and my face turned candy-apple red.
I totally understand.

stephanielynn said...

LOL...good memory, Jill! The Sandwich Loft is the only other place where I've had a "usual".

Maria said...

I love reading your blog. It's so refreshing. I would love to come visit you so I can see all this awesome/funny/awkward things happening in person.