Monday, March 23, 2009

This Is What It Has Come To

Lately I've been struggling with a lack of motivation at work and last week it got particularly bad. It's not that I haven't been working, it's just that I know I could have (and should have) been working harder. I thought about my motivation issue all weekend and was trying to give myself pep talks to prepare for this upcoming week.

This morning I added a little reminder to my desk:
And you know what? It kind of worked. Every time the ADD started to flare up I looked at the note, took a deep breath and dove back into my work.

I got quite a bit done today. I think I'll try it again tomorrow.

5 comments:

Annie said...

maybe that is something i should try.

Danny K. said...

Now try adding two dogs, a tv, a comfy bed waiting in the wings and nobody around to stop you. Talk about focus! I might have to try the post-it trick.

stephanielynn said...

Danny, you're going to need more than a post-it. I like the plastic bubble idea.

Anonymous said...

cute ipod cozy. Do you have a mini hoop for your tiny basketball?

Anonymous said...

you're good! i see my reminder notes and ignore them. i'm lame.