Sunday, January 04, 2009

Quirks

In November I was tagged by Chels to list six of my quirks. I'm super weird so it shouldn't have been hard, but it's now January and I'm just getting to it. I would always think of them as I was drifting off to sleep, but not be able to remember them in the morning.

So here are those I can remember, in no particular order.

1. I don't like to purchase any item that was at the front of the row or top of the stack. That's the item that every other shopper has had their grubby hands all over and it's not for me. I put my grubby hands all over the item to see if I want it, decide, and then grab one from further back in the row or down the pile.

2. I hate public restrooms. I try to avoid using them as much as possible, but it's pretty much unavoidable.

3. I don't like edge pieces. If I'm not at home I will just hang back until the first row of [cake, brownies, etc.] have been served and then try to snatch up the middle piece of the next row. If I'm at home I'll just cut out the middle piece without shame.

4. Up until a few months ago I balanced a checkbook. I had online banking, but I still felt the need to keep every receipt and enter it in. Sometimes I would have a month's worth of receipts to go through and it was torture. I recently decided I could let it go and it's been great.

5. I don't like parking in new places. It makes me nervous and I get super stressed. But once I've been there and see how it's done I'm all set.

6. I reset the odometer every time I get gas. I never look to see how many miles I've gone since my last fill-up, but still feel the need to reset it. Maybe it's like that button in the hatch on LOST...

There you have it. I already knew I was strange, but now you do too (as if you didn't already).

3 comments:

Matthew said...

LOST...Wednesday, January 21st! I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

k, this made me laugh. Thanks for being so quirky Steph!

Unknown said...

Hi Stephanie
I laugh so hard whenever I read your blog. You are a really funny writer. I have to tell you, I am just the same about not liking to eat the outside edges of the cake.
Don't forget to come and visit us in Vancouver!
Love, Marian