Thursday, January 15, 2009

Follow Through

I send all of my junk-like email (Facebook notifications, for example) to my old school Hotmail account. You know, the very first email account you signed up for when you didn't really know what email was or that a screen name didn't have to be something completely embarrassing like your childhood nickname combined with your current nickname and then that screen name took on a life of it's own and people from high school still call you that to this day?

Yeah. That email account.

So earlier today while I was sifting through the junk, I randomly clicked on a folder just to see what I'd find and I found some hilarious stuff. It was genius of me to save it all. One of the most recent emails in the folder was dated 11/08/01 - my sophomore year of college - and it was from a high school bestie.

A portion of it went like this: "i love you [insert screen name here]! please don't get married and leave us alone!"

I couldn't find my response, but I'm sure it said something along the lines of That's not even close to happening so don't worry about it. PS - I'm only 19.

His next response was: "... you will be married by next year cause you are awesome and hot, don't think differently..."

Apparently I really took his request not to get married to heart because here I am seven-ish years later blogging at 10pm with my cat curled up next to me.

6 comments:

Kenn N said...

poor, single cat lady :)

Oh, and it's time to delete the hotmail account. It is 2009 ya know.

The Writer said...

i absolutely love this blog. I don't really have a witty response other than I laughed out loud at this entry. so what's the email address?

Sarah said...

haha...I know what that screen name is. Mine stuck too, so I won't tell if you won't. :) And no worries...sometimes things happen when you least expect it. (And I mean LEAST). Take me for example. :) Plus, it's cool to be the single cat lady. Love you!

Sarah said...

Hey now Steph, I still have a hotmail account! I also have a gmail, but I don't use it because I haven't done the switch. It just seems like it will take forever, and I would reather be sitting here blogging at 10pm!

I'm also wondering what your screen name was.

stephanielynn said...

I have nothing against Hotmail, however, I do use my gmail for regular email purposes.

I'm embracing my cat lady status!

Oh, and you can find the screen name in my April 2008 archives. Think mid-month.

Anonymous said...

i still have my nickname naps screen name hotmail. and i finally opened a second a few years ago for professional use. :) but both hotmail. love hotmail. don't know why.

i wish my first email i didn't use my nickname from high school. i always have to explain it. so thank goodness for professional email one. :)