Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Parental Advice

This was my favorite conversation from my weekend in Utah. It may not be word for word, but it captures the spirit of the conversation. It makes me smile just thinking about it.

Dad: Have you been tanning?
Steph: Yup.
D: You should stay out of the sun. Look at your Mom, she stays out of the sun and has great skin.
S: I look less ugly when I'm tan.
D: Well, there's no doubt that being tan looks nice, but when you're sixty it won't look as good.
S: I'm really more concerned with finding a husband now, and he can deal with what I look like when I'm sixty.
D: {laughing} All you have to do is go to choir. And touch people.

6 comments:

John and Rachel Stephens said...

But wouldn't you get kicked out of choir for "touching" people?

Danny K. said...

Where exactly do I sign up for this choir?

Αναστασία said...

HAHAHA! I love your dad :]

Julie said...

Let me explain...I met Dave in choir. And the reason I asked him out for our first date was because he, very innocently, put his hand on my back to quietly communicate to me that he would be sharing a book with the person on the other side of him. So I agree with Dad...join the choir and touch people! I love it! I guess it's funny to me because I didn't know Dad knew that about me and Dave. Ha.

stephanielynn said...

I knew what he was referring to, I just thought it was funny too!

oliver.and.emily said...

that's really funny.. just make sure you're touching the right people.. or person.