Thursday, September 18, 2008

Assistant to the Regional Manager

Guys. Today I could have met Dwight Schrute. And by "met" I mean "could have watched him from really far away in my seat at Safeco Field". But I didn't.

The company that owns my company had their annual meeting today...at Safeco Field because there are so many employees that they needed a stadium. And guess who emceed the meeting? Rainn Wilson! Apparently he's a Seattle native - who knew? I was planning on attending but client stuff took priority. Boo. I told Lindsay she could take my badge a pretend to be me to get in, but she wasn't up for it.

A few questions:
1. Why does a company meeting even need an emcee?
2. Where did the word 'emcee' come from and does it stand for something?
3. Can't Rainn do better than crappy corporate gigs?
4. How did I go from company meetings in the shop with lemon bars that smell like turkey to company meetings at Safeco Field with celebrities emceeing?

5 comments:

Lindsay Jane said...

Mainly I am sad you could not go and "unite badges" with people. :)

Kenn N said...

I thought emcee, came from MC for Master of Ceremonies. But I could be wrong. It's happened before. Once.

stephanielynn said...

Linds - That would have been some serious uniting! I guess I'll just have to settle with the one person I see on Sunday. Badges unite!

Ken - You're genius. Even with a new baby at home you still manage so solve some mysteries (Congrats, btw). They kept saying "emcee" in the paper so I totally forgot about "MC".

Anonymous said...

i had to check your blog since i saw your status on face book. :) that would have been awesome. on the bright side, it wasn't John Krasinski. :)

i bet they have rainn play his character. but yah...can't he do better?

Xi Eta Chapter said...

I bet you still miss those lemon bars though :P