Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Embarrassment

I've had a couple of embarrassing moments recently. Yesterday I got stuck in a stall in the bathroom at work. No joke. I used a stall I don't normally use because I was trying to follow the one stall in between rule. But when I tried to open the door the handle was spinning but the pin keeping the door locked didn't budge. I started to panic slightly while envisioning myself having to crawl under the door. I kept working on the handle, but it wasn't moving. In a last fit of panic I grabbed the top of the door and shook it. Lo and behold, it worked! And I was free. I'm sure the person in the other stall was a little worried about what was going on.

This morning I had to run to catch the bus for the first time ever. Running for the bus is not my style, but this morning I had gotten up early and I wasn't going to let that effort go to waste. So, when I saw the bus slowing down at my stop I started running. In heels. Up a hill. Somehow the bus driver knew to wait for me (someone at the back of the bus must have seen me running) and I made it on huffing and puffing. My hair suffered the brunt of the experience. When I told Chats McGee about it he said, "So you were that girl, huh?"

Yes, yes I was. The girl that gets locked in the bathroom stall and runs a block to catch the bus.

2 comments:

Audrey said...

Laughing by myself in my dungeon basement.

Anonymous said...

lol!!!! i HATE running for the bus. i did it once myself. i always feel for those who run after the bus. :) it really sucks. but it sucks to miss it and wait forever for the next.

i was just thinking what the person next to you in the stall was thinking. :) glad you broke free.